- Tang N, Zhang H, Li X, Xiao J, Xiong L (2012) Constitutive Activation of Transcription Factor OsbZIP46 Improves Drought Tolerance in Rice. Plant Physiol. 158(4):1755-68.
2. Ning J, Zhang B, Wang N, Zhou Y, Xiong L (2011) Increased Leaf Angle1 (ILA1), A Raf-Like MAPKKK That Interacts with a Nuclear Protein Family, Regulates Mechanical Tissue Formation in the Lamina Joint of Rice. Plant Cell 23: 4334–4347.
3. Hou X, Xie K, Yao J, Qi Z, Xiong L (2009) A homolog of human ski-interacting protein in rice positively regulates cell viability and stress tolerance. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 106:6410-5
4. Xiang Y, Tang N, Du H, Ye H, Xiong L (2008) Characterization of OsbZIP23 as a key player of bZIP transcription factor family for conferring ABA sensitivity and salinity and drought tolerance in rice. Plant Physiol. 148(4): 1938–1952
5. Hu H, You J, Fang Y, Zhu X, Qi Z, Xiong L (2008) Characterization of transcription factor gene SNAC2 conferring cold and salt tolerance in rice. Plant Mol Biol 67:169-81
6. Xiang Y, Huang Y, Xiong L (2007) Characterization of stress-responsive CBL-Interacting protein kinase (CIPK) genes in rice for stress tolerance improvement. Plant Physiol 144: 1416-1428
7. Xiao B, Huang Y, Tang N, Xiong L (2007) Overexpression of a LEA gene by different promoters in rice improved drought resistance under the field conditions. Theor Appl Genet 115: 35-46
8. Hu H, Dai M, Yao J, Xiao B, Li X, Zhang Q, Xiong L (2006) Overexpressing SNAC1, a transcription factor predominantly induced in guard cells, enhances drought resistance and salt tolerance in rice. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA, 103: 12987-12992
9. Liang D, Wu C, Li C, Xu C, Zhang J, Kilian A, Li X, Zhang Q, Xiong L (2006) Establishment of a patterned GAL4/VP16 transactivation system for discovering gene function in rice. Plant J46: 1059-1072
10. Xiong L, Yang Y (2003) Disease resistance and abiotic stress tolerance in rice are inversely modulated by an ABA-inducible MAP kinase. Plant Cell. 15:745-759